Thoughts on "This service" or "The service"?

If you look at the cases, a ton of them have these quotes before getting into what the service does and I think it would be better if not as much titles had it . A downside I can possibly think of is that “This service” and “The service” has more precise wording but if someone is looking at the summary of a specific site, I would assume that they know that the service they are looking at is being referred to and not a third party because that would be included in the case title.
If it was changed I believe it would also be changed in the extension as well, and I think the new/shorter name would read better with people who are using the extension as well as people annotating the documents. I would love thoughts and feedback on the idea though

For example:
The service provides a complaint mechanism for the handling of personal data --> A complaint mechanism is provided for the handling of personal data
This service does not sell your personal data --> Your personal data is not sold
This service uses third-party cookies for statistics --> Third-party cookies are used for statistics
The service can read your private messages –> Private messages can be read

3 Likes

I agree with your suggestion. I think it makes it cleaner and easier to read, while reducing inconsistencies between cases having “This service” vs “The service.”

3 Likes

I also agree with your suggestion. Not a very huge change but would be much more consistent.

2 Likes