Case Proposal: Your personal data will not be used for an automated decision-making

I propose the following data to be a new case:

Fields Data
Name Your personal data will not be used for an automated decision-making
Description The service promises not to use your personal data for automated decision-making, including profiling.
Classification good
Topic Topic Personal Data (ToS;DR Phoenix)
Weight 40
2 Likes

Example of service where this might apply: European Commission’s Identity and Access Management Service (IAMS) Privacy Statement:

Your personal data will not be used for an automated decision-making including profiling.

3 Likes

Good catch!

One thing thats not clear to me. Is it “decision-making” as in e.g. automatically declining job applications using AI or as in shopping recommendations (whereas amazon employs AI for your recommendations).

If its the latter we should decrease the weight to 30 or 40. Otherwise we should leave it at that weight

2 Likes

Good question. The document in the example I gave there does not state what kind of decision making or profiling they are talking about.

So I guess it should be the more generic one. I’m ok with decreasing the weight.

3 Likes

I like it, I’ll add it since no negative opinions have been expressed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.