Case Proposal: The service may collect public personal data about the user that is available online

I propose the following data to be a new case:

Fields Data
Name The service may collect public personal data about the user that is available online
Description The service may collect public personal data about the user that is available online, including on social networks. It is mainly the banks that make these controls in the framework of anti-fraud law.
Classification blocker
Topic Topic Trackers (ToS;DR Phoenix)
Weight 40

Check:
We collect personal data from third parties, such as credit-reference agencies, financial or credit institutions, official registers and databases, as well as fraud-prevention agencies and partners who help us to provide our services. This includes your credit record, information about late payments, information to help us check your identity, information about your spouse and family (if applicable in the context of an application for credit that you make) and information relating to your transactions. When you ask us to, we will also collect personal data from accounts you hold with third party banks (and some accounts with third party providers that aren’t banks) so that you can see everything in one place in your Revolut app. You can create a linked account by activating Open Banking in the app. Information from social media Occasionally, we will use publicly available information about you from selected social media websites or apps to carry out enhanced due diligence checks. Publicly available information from social media websites or apps may also be provided to us when we conduct general searches on you (for example, to comply with our anti-money laundering or sanctions screening obligations). If you are a Revolut Business customer, we may collect information about you if you make it publicly available on social media websites or apps.

Is it really different from Information is gathered about you through third parties?

I’d say that if social media data is gathered by a service, that means they’re collecting data about you through third parties.

Also, the blocker rating may be too much as public information published on social media can’t be controlled and any service may use it without your explicit consent.

No, It’s not really different.

I think my proposition is unvalable.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.