Beta Site Translations

Hi folks!

With Crisp being near the end of its beta, we are in the process of translating the whole interface.

German is already complete however with your help we can add more languages.

progress

Contributors to the translations get this shiny badge!

grafik

If a language is missing, comment below and I’ll add it momentarily.

2 Likes

That weblate link there is not responding, @justin .

I would like to begin a Brazilian Portuguese translation, if possible.

3 Likes

Me and my friends are interested in do this too, but we are new in here.

Could we join you?

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. Of course you can!

Too bad the translation site isn’t working.

However, I have found some JSON files in the site’s code that contain translation strings. Here they are:

I think I will create a new JSON file for Brazilian Portuguese and open a pull request in Github when I have the time.

3 Likes

Thanks for that! Actually we’re kinda new in here, so any mean of contact that I can reach you faster like discord or element would be valuable for us in order to get some guidance.

That’s a great start! I would like to plan some steps about the translation in general to divide tasks and share new information, could we talk about this?

3 Likes

Sure, I’m there on element as well. And element is paired with discord. So let’s continue our discussion there.

2 Likes

I have created a draft pull request on Github for this. Once the translation is done, I’ll submit the PR.

However, the file containing all the site messages is just under 150 lines. If you’re not fast, I might be done with it before we can actually divide the work. :wink:

Please feel free to reach me out on element if you’d like.

3 Likes

Translation is now easier again by visiting https://translate.tosdr.org :slight_smile:

3 Likes